Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K 1st gen OS 15.1 issue

Anyone one else experiencing strange issues with their AppleTV 4K 1st gen? First the screen saver, which is set to aerial. However, only Cityscape plays. Even when it’s set to hide!

Then there’s the connection issue the AppleTV 4K 1st gen has while connected to my Bluetooth audio devices; non Apple headphones and my non Apple Bluetooth speakers. It would randomly disconnect from Bluetooth audio devices. While in the same room about 5ft away, fully charged.

While playing music from AirPlay. If you select System>Reset from the setting menu. It would disregard the reset and go back to the image of the song that’s currently being streamed.

Wi-Fi random disconnects is the other issue. Wi-Fi router is only 20ft away. No other electronics nor metal, aluminum or any obstacles obstructing the reception. AppleTV 4K 1st gen shares space with the HDTV it’s connected to. I have the Apple TV 4K 1st gen hanging upside down over the edge of entertainment stand. My attempt to improve connectivity away from the HDTV.

lastly, Baldo (Apple Arcade game) will no longer go beyond the menu selection. It does not play at all on the AppleTV 4K 1st gen. Which is located in my bedroom. When the game worked prior to the setup of the AppleTV 4K 2nd gen. Which is located in the entertainment room. Which makes the devices greater than 60ft from each other.

The 2nd gen AppleTV 4K isn’t having any issues.

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 9:21 AM

A new update (15.1.1) was released yesterday. No info on what it addresses, but you may want to install it to see if it resolves your issues.

Good luck!

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple TV 4K 1st gen OS 15.1 issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.