Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with Tidal Playback AppleTv-A1625 tvOS 14.5 (18L5173f)

I'm having massive issues with the Tidal playback on AppleTv at the moment.

The last month i have had the issue that when i start a playlist or any random music, the Apple Tv is playing the music just fine, but after 2nd song ends the Apple Tv just stops playing, it still shows the thumpnail from the song that was just played, but it never plays the next song on the list.

When i grab the remote and tap on the touchplate for the next song, it starts playing again, but again only the next 2 songs and then the issue is there again.

Am i the only one that is experiencing this issue, if not, what have been the solution?

Things i have tried:

1. Played the exact same list on an iPhone 12 Pro Max on phone= No issues
  2. Played the exact same list on an iPhone 12 Pro Max on bluetooth to more devices = No issues
  3. Played the exact same list on PC = No issues
  4. Played the exact same list on an OnePlus 8 Pro on phone = No Issues
  5. Played the exact same list on an OnePlus 8 Pro on bluetooth to more devices = No issues
  6. Played the exact same list on a iMac Pro = No issues
  7. Played the exact same list on a MacBook Pro = No issues
  8. Played the exact same list on a iPad pro = No issues
  9. Tried to power cycle Apple Tv = Still the same issue
  10. Tried to uninstall and reinstall Tidal App on Apple Tv = Still the same issue
  11. Tried to update AppleTv tvOS = Still the same issue

I'm getting a bit frustrated, because we use our AppleTv to basically everything in our home.

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 10:19 AM

The latest firmware is 15.1.1 so it would be best to make sure it's updated first. If the issue is still present then you can force quit as well as reinstall the Tidal app. Anything beyond that would require the developer to investigate and patch the issue.

Similar questions

2 replies

Issues with Tidal Playback AppleTv-A1625 tvOS 14.5 (18L5173f)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.