Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open Sans Format Issues

I am having issues specifically with the OpenSans font causing layout errors in all design programs installed on my 2019 Macbook Pro running Big Sur 11.6 with all programs up to date. In my company, we have all downloaded and installed the font in the same fashion (download, double click to open, and click "install"). We have done this operation several times, deleting the font files completely before downloading the new files, resolving any duplicates, but our issues when sharing files persist. When opening a filed we have downloaded (whether in-house or from the client) the formatting is broken, lines break and change, the font is bold if selected, when it was regular before. This happens in all programs - Sketch, Microsoft, and all of the Adobe suite. I have searched in all of my libraries for hidden versions, but even though Font Book says there are no duplicates, in the app font selection, there are multiple version for various weights. This is causing work some major headaches on the team, and after researching, I see we are not the only ones that have had the issue. Is there a fix?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 5:54 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 3, 2021 6:09 AM in response to k_Scarcella

k_Scarcella wrote:

I am having issues specifically with the OpenSans font causing layout errors in all design programs installed on my 2019 Macbook Pro running Big Sur 11.6 with all programs up to date. In my company, we have all downloaded and installed the font in the same fashion (download, double click to open, and click "install"). We have done this operation several times, deleting the font files completely before downloading the new files, resolving any duplicates, but our issues when sharing files persist. When opening a filed we have downloaded (whether in-house or from the client) the formatting is broken, lines break and change, the font is bold if selected, when it was regular before.

This happens in all programs - Sketch, Microsoft, and all of the Adobe suite.

This is not a standard Mac font by default— Have you considered using a compatible alternate font without issue...?

A quick google search shows a plethora of associated issue: mac issues with OpenSans font

For your third party apps—searching their Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility may be your better bet.

Open Sans Format Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.