Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts app is not working

is anybody else having problems with the Mac Contacts App? Since the last Monterey 12.0.1 update, Contacts has stopped working.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 11:34 PM

9 replies

Nov 8, 2021 2:31 AM in response to safdar116

I have a problem too. The contacts app is launching and once, directly after rebooting, it did show my dav contacts. But most of the time when I launch it, it is completely empty.

When I enable or disable an account it crashes.

It was working ok before upgrading to macOS 12. I am running 12.0.1.

It is crashing quite often ever since macOS 11.

Dec 13, 2021 3:18 PM in response to califgrl

Califgrl—having worked on trying to resolve this issue for over a year, I think today I have finally solved it. At least I can finally add and edit new Contacts so far...

>> I found advice in MacRumors—and this fixed it! I went to Contacts/Preferences/General Tab, and made my iCloud primary. It was set on Gmail (though I don't recollect ever opting for that). Voila! At very long last...

PS I use multiple email accounts on iCloud, Gmail and Outlook, and really would hate having to go to multiple browser interfaces instead of Apple Mail and Contacts. So happy that I could finally get this awful issue resolved.

Contacts app is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.