Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading photos that were uploaded to my phone by someone else

On holiday a photographer uploaded photos to my iPhone 12 mini.

I can see two albums on my phone listed under 'from my mac'.

I can't access them when I connect my mac (running high sierra) - through either Photos app or image capture.

I've tried seeing if I can access the files via itunes or the finder window without success.

I also tried adding the photos to a shared album - but then they reduce the file size considerably.

Any thoughts?

Or should I just try and find a PC to connect to?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 3:54 AM

There is no easy way to download photos from an iPhone, that have been synced to the iPhone via cable. They are stored in the separate “from my Mac” section ind the computer cannot see or access them for downloading. And when you enable iCloud Photos or sync new photos to the iPhone, the photos will be erased. Don’t do either, until you have saved the Photos.

you could send them by Mail (a few photos at a time), or try to save them one by one to the camera roll by duplicating them. For example, if you add a tiny edit to the photo, the edited version will appear in Photos as a regular photo and you can download it via cable.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 3:54 AM in response to jay-t333

There is no easy way to download photos from an iPhone, that have been synced to the iPhone via cable. They are stored in the separate “from my Mac” section ind the computer cannot see or access them for downloading. And when you enable iCloud Photos or sync new photos to the iPhone, the photos will be erased. Don’t do either, until you have saved the Photos.

you could send them by Mail (a few photos at a time), or try to save them one by one to the camera roll by duplicating them. For example, if you add a tiny edit to the photo, the edited version will appear in Photos as a regular photo and you can download it via cable.

Downloading photos that were uploaded to my phone by someone else

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.