Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music app "not playing"

Hi

Apple Music app opens and shows all my downloaded music however does not play any music and shows a "not playing" message and no artisis artwork appears on the screen. I've tried:

• Restarting Apple Music
  • Switched off Iphone
  • Reset Network settings
  • Downloaded iOS 15.1 update
  • I have an annual subscription

I'm at a loss. Any help appreciated

Winny263

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 9:45 PM

4 replies

Nov 5, 2021 3:55 PM in response to Winny263

Hi Winny263, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing issues playing songs on the Music app and it shows a "not playing" message.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you. Are you experiencing the issue when using a Wi-Fi network, cellular data, or both?

Are you using a VPN on your device, on your router, or access point?

Is the device set to the correct Time Zone? Also, is the Date & Time set automatically?

Is your Apple ID set to the correct country or region?

Do you have a different Apple device that is using the same Apple ID? If yes, are you experiencing a similar issue on your other device?

In the meantime, we recommend that you check if you can play songs on our Apple Music page.

Apple Music

Performing this step may help us determine if the issue is caused by your iPhone 4s.

Take care!

Nov 6, 2021 7:46 AM in response to Winny263

Winny263,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Do you have the "Sync Library" feature enabled? If yes, we recommend that you remove the Music app, then restore it.

Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch

If no, we recommend that you reach out to us here so we can take a closer look into the issue: Get Support

Take care!

Nov 5, 2021 10:37 PM in response to kamote0628

The issues happens on both Wi Fi and Cellular data

No VPN used

Time zone is set to "set automatically"

Apple ID doesn't seem to impact other apps or iCloud when logging into those

I have logged out of Ipad, still no difference (not playing music)

Since updating to iOS 15.1 the app now closes down (kicks me out and requires me to open the app again) after I press "play" on a song

I can still play my music from the web browser/Apple Music

I have an iPhone 11

All help appreciated.

Winny263

Apple Music app "not playing"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.