Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External display Flickering (2020 M1 MacBook Pro)

I'm using LG 24GL600F-B UltraGear Gaming Monitor 24" FHD and the display keeps flickering and the text is not very pleasant on the eyes. I have tried 3 different quality hubs and HDMI cables but unfortunately, none of them works. I had to switch to another monitor ( ASUS VX238H) which helped a little but still can't get a good looking text. btw I have also tried different resolutions and also the resolutions that don't show up in the menu by default, spoiler alert didn't help.

https://youtu.be/HJ9BdEl3NVY

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 9:06 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 6, 2021 9:32 AM in response to 7amoChawJwan

The cables you want for HDMI-only Monitors (higher resolutions than 720p TV sets) are marked as Certified with an anti-counterfeiting tag and are labeled:

"Premium High Speed HDMI cable" or that + "with Ethernet"  --OR--

"Ultra High Speed HDMI cable" or that + "48G"

Cables with No Certification tags are good for your standard 720p TV set, and not much more.

Nov 6, 2021 9:44 AM in response to 7amoChawJwan

I am not trying to start a shoving match over this. Use whatever cables you like.

But when things are not working correctly, my approach is to make sure that whatever you CAN control is at least up to, and when possible exceeds, applicable standards. Certified high speed cables for resolutions above 720p are the appropriate cables.

What adapters are you using?

External display Flickering (2020 M1 MacBook Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.