Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated to MacOS Monterey and now my iMovie gets stuck on load the library

I updated to macOS Monterey and now my iMovie gets stuck on loading the library

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 2:17 PM

The problem that you mention has been reported by several others on this forum. It appears to be an issue related to Monterey and iMovie. Some conflict or incompatibility. None of the commonly used diagnostic procedures have resolved it. Hopefully Apple will soon resolve it with an update.

Meanwhile, let the library load overnight, or for as long as necessary, as others have reported that the library will eventually open. Possibly, after the first time, the iMovie library will load normally. You can also try opening iMovie in a newly created library. To do that open iMovie while holding down the option key and select to open in a new library. You can also try opening iMovie in your Mac’s guest account.

— Rich

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 2:17 PM in response to GTWiebe

The problem that you mention has been reported by several others on this forum. It appears to be an issue related to Monterey and iMovie. Some conflict or incompatibility. None of the commonly used diagnostic procedures have resolved it. Hopefully Apple will soon resolve it with an update.

Meanwhile, let the library load overnight, or for as long as necessary, as others have reported that the library will eventually open. Possibly, after the first time, the iMovie library will load normally. You can also try opening iMovie in a newly created library. To do that open iMovie while holding down the option key and select to open in a new library. You can also try opening iMovie in your Mac’s guest account.

— Rich

I updated to MacOS Monterey and now my iMovie gets stuck on load the library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.