Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 4 Screen Scratch (Warranty issue?)

I bought an iPad Air 4 about a month ago for University work. Yesterday I noticed about a 10mm scratch on the screen. It’s fairly deep and visible. I also noticed it is perfectly lined up with the grid lines in the Apple Notes App that I use for work. This leads me to believe it was caused by the pencil.

My question really is, should I now have to pay for a replacement or would this be covered under warranty? I thought the glass was supposed to be some super scratch-resistant surface. If I’d known it would be scratched so easily, I’d have used a protector, but I assumed from the marketing that this wouldn’t be necessary.

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 1:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 2:52 AM

We, just users like you, cannot diagnose or decide about that kind of problem. Only Apple technicians can judge about that.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 2:52 AM in response to __Steve_

We, just users like you, cannot diagnose or decide about that kind of problem. Only Apple technicians can judge about that.

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPad Air 4 Screen Scratch (Warranty issue?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.