Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off airplay or delete a device on the airplay list on my Macbook Pro?

I recently purchased a Roku Express 4K. It is now showing up as an option under Screen Mirroring though I have never used AirPlay with it or with any other device. I have no need for Airplay and do not like that some device, even if it's my own, has linked in any way to my computer. I have not entered the code to allow them to further link, but I would like to disable it entirely. However, I have found no means to do so. I am very concerned that this could happen with some other device if I just take my laptop with me and utilize someone else's wifi that also has such a device on the same system.

I have an 2018 era MacBook Pro now running Monterey. Any help on how to delete stop the Roku from showing up on my Screen Mirroring (or anywhere else on my Mac) would be apprecaited.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 1:15 PM

Hi BAH83,

Thanks for reaching out about using AirPlay. We can help with this. Some devices are designed to be automatically detected by others in order for them to work seamlessly together. These devices aren't connecting, they're just showing as an option for convenience. No one else will be able to connect their devices with yours unless you give them the code that shows up.

If you'd like to leave feedback about this, you can do so here: Product Feedback.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 1:15 PM in response to BAH83

Hi BAH83,

Thanks for reaching out about using AirPlay. We can help with this. Some devices are designed to be automatically detected by others in order for them to work seamlessly together. These devices aren't connecting, they're just showing as an option for convenience. No one else will be able to connect their devices with yours unless you give them the code that shows up.

If you'd like to leave feedback about this, you can do so here: Product Feedback.

Take care.

How do I turn off airplay or delete a device on the airplay list on my Macbook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.