Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15.1 is slow and unstable on my Ipad 11

I found that the Ipad is considerably slower and less stable since I have installed IOS 15.1.

Especially (the extended) Safari frequently restarts, very annoying! It further needs more time to start-up.

I regret that I decided to install it. Is it possible to go back to the last version 14.8.1?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 12:26 PM

4 replies

Nov 10, 2021 8:08 PM in response to GerardMcek

No. You cannot downgrade an operating system on your Apple iPad device.

You can, however, try the following and see if that improves the performance on your iPad:

Try and Force restart iPad

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button and keep it pressed until Apple logo appears, release the button.

Axel F.

Nov 11, 2021 1:15 PM in response to Axel Foley

Thanks Axil.

I’v tried the procedure you described.

Holding the top button doesn’t really end up in showing the Apple logo, but to the slider to switch the Ipad off, which I did.

The appalling situation of the Safari browser I described before, still exists.

I further think that the multiple tab-groups that appears at the start of the browser is very messy. You don’t seem to be able to reduce these groups and many are the same. It would have been less messy just to show named tab-groups there and not an overview of the history, as it now appears to be.

IOS 15.1 is slow and unstable on my Ipad 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.