Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail are not deleted on Macbook Air when using iPhone xs

I have an iPhone xs and a hotmail mail account. It is synced with iCloud. All my mail can be seen on my Macbook air, but they do not disappear when I delete them on iPhone. What is wrong?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 9:14 AM

Hi khansson,

You'll want to make sure that your Hotmail account is setup properly on both devices. Here's a guide on how to do that: Set up Exchange ActiveSync on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you notice that you're still having this issue after going through the resource we would recommend reaching out to Hotmail directly here: Contact Us - Microsoft Support

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 9:14 AM in response to khansson

Hi khansson,

You'll want to make sure that your Hotmail account is setup properly on both devices. Here's a guide on how to do that: Set up Exchange ActiveSync on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you notice that you're still having this issue after going through the resource we would recommend reaching out to Hotmail directly here: Contact Us - Microsoft Support

Take care.

Mail are not deleted on Macbook Air when using iPhone xs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.