Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV and Homekit

I am attempting to connect my home kit app on my phone to the Apple TV. The app says that you can make a 4th generation or later the hun of a home kit however mine is showing me the following message “airplay 2 and HomeKit require an iCloud account”

yes I have signed into my one and only Apple ID on the home kit and the Apple TV. I have an Apple TV 4K

…this is driving me crazy.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 5:07 AM

See this support document for tips and suggestions: Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

If the issue persists after reviewing the above, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2021 5:07 AM in response to Lewis2021

See this support document for tips and suggestions: Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

If the issue persists after reviewing the above, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Apple TV and Homekit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.