Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud keeps getting full by itself

Recently I have noticed that my iCloud keeps getting full even after I deleted lots of photos. Yesterday I deleted many photos and videos from iCloud and I saw I had 700 MB free. I haven't taken any pictures since yesterday, my WhatsApp auto download is OFF. Today again I see message that its full. its 123 MB free. what ate up 450MB in just one day. Anyone facing similar issue.

In fact I deleted 200 pics after I downloaded them to my Mac few weeks back, which gave me 1.5 GB free, and its again full!!!

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 10:35 PM

If you are syncing iPhone with Mac , the iCloud data will start syncing let it completely sync , see your iCloud storage Check your iCloud storage on iCloud.com - Apple Support

And then downgrade the storage plan Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

4 replies

Nov 17, 2021 12:30 AM in response to tygb

I already have the default 5GB plan. I usually don't need my phone MacBook photos to go to iCloud, my Mac photos are imported from my camera which are in RAW and are huge. my cellphone photos are syncing to Iclould, so if I want to download any pic for iCloud, I can easily download if I need by logging into the iCloud web.

is there a way I can keep the sync ON, but restrict upload from other albums from Mac, like the imported pics from my camera?

icloud keeps getting full by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.