Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabling autoboot on M1 Macs

I see this has been discussed on here before but it was such a long time ago I believe the thread was closed.

Has anyone found a way to disable the auto-boot function on M1 Macs? Mine seems to have such bad insomnia, even just looking at it wakes the thing up sometimes.

I find it odd that for a company which prides itself on being environmental (removing the charger from new iPhones for example) it builds computers which are a ****** nuisance just to power down. I am paranoid every time I close it and put it in my bag that it will somehow power itself on and by the time I've got to where I'm going, I've needlessly lost a percentage of my battery - even if it's just 1% - that's not the point.

I also like to open the Macbook just to clean it from time to time without intending to use it, yet it still wakes up like an excited puppy that thinks it's just heard the word 'walkies'.

All of this just to save the user the almighty hassle of having to actually press a button to turn it on.

As much as I love my M1, this is easily the most annoying feature.

Please somebody tell me there is a way of disabling it??!!

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 4:55 AM

xandreau wrote:

Please somebody tell me there is a way of disabling it??!!

No there isn't. You can send Apple feedback here: Feedback - macOS - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply

Disabling autoboot on M1 Macs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.