Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: How to use the Blood Oxygen app on Apple Watch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's the difference between the 44mm Apple Watch 6 and the Apple Watch 7?

I would like to know what the difference is with the new Apple Watch 7? I have the 6 but I don't feel like it has done anything much more than the 3? I have the oxygen but you only can use it if you tighten the watch so tight and push the button. Nothing does anything for you like it claimed. I have epilepsy & we were told it was going to help with that and with hard falls. I have Both and it has done nothing to alarm anyone. So what more will the Apple Watch 7 do? Or it going to be basically the same. I need a watch or something to help me when I fall, or tell me when my pressure is too high, when I'm going to have an attack. Things like that. Please help me. Nikki K.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 6:07 PM

It is absolutely NOT necessary to tighten the watch to your watch "so tight" to get an accurate oxygen reading. The watch ONLY needs to be securely on your wrist.

WatchOS 8 improved fall detection on Apple Watch, but that would be same on a Series 7 watch. Perhaps you didn't update your Series 6 to the newest iOS version? And fall detection is NOT infallible.

No Apple Watch has blood pressure monitoring. That's not only not a feature of Apple Watch, it wouldn't work reliably to begin with. So, what do mean by "when your pressure is too high?" A Series 7 watch won't tell you about your blood pressure either.

Here are the significant differences between Apple Watch 6 and Apple Watch 7. It can be fast charged and the screen is bigger and brighter and you can now use a Qwerty keyboard to type responses to texts. Series 7 Watches also have a higher dustproof rating and the screen is harder to crack.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 6:07 PM in response to Nikkidoodle5555

It is absolutely NOT necessary to tighten the watch to your watch "so tight" to get an accurate oxygen reading. The watch ONLY needs to be securely on your wrist.

WatchOS 8 improved fall detection on Apple Watch, but that would be same on a Series 7 watch. Perhaps you didn't update your Series 6 to the newest iOS version? And fall detection is NOT infallible.

No Apple Watch has blood pressure monitoring. That's not only not a feature of Apple Watch, it wouldn't work reliably to begin with. So, what do mean by "when your pressure is too high?" A Series 7 watch won't tell you about your blood pressure either.

Here are the significant differences between Apple Watch 6 and Apple Watch 7. It can be fast charged and the screen is bigger and brighter and you can now use a Qwerty keyboard to type responses to texts. Series 7 Watches also have a higher dustproof rating and the screen is harder to crack.

What's the difference between the 44mm Apple Watch 6 and the Apple Watch 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.