Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Query

Hi all,

I'd like to buy a 45mm Apple Watch series 7 as an upgrade from another big brand of sports watches. Apart from battery, the Apple Watch exceeds more so in every other field.

Since it is not sold new by Apple any more, do you know any other websites which sell it either new, or used (but in immaculate condition, like it is new).

• How long roughly, on a consumer basis (and wearing to sleep) does the watch last on 1 charge?

• I do Taekwon-do every day of my life, but that isn't one of the excursuses Apple Watch seems to offer by default, is there any way to add a custom exercise to the watch?

• Is the watch still quick?

• Are the heart rate and ECG sensory accurate (both in high heart rates and low heart rates) compared to other watches (such as the Fitbit Versa 3, which I find quite inaccurate)?

I'd like the midnight version as black essentially complements with any strap, however I've found the starlight version for nearly £100 cheaper. Does the casing of the watch scratch easily (the actual starlight-coloured bit, not the screen), as in if I tripped for example, would it scratch/ dent easily?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 1:20 PM

DURABILITY

The coloured cases are aluminum and scratch more easily than the stainless steel. The latter also has crystal sapphire glass. It’s more durable but costs more. So midnight vs starlight are the same material (aluminum)

BATTERY

I have a series 7 and it lasts me all day and then some until morning but I turned off Mail notifications. You would need to decide what’s best for you. Yes it’s still quick, has the fast charge

EKG

Since I’ve not used other devices I could not compare accuracy. I would assume it’s as close as you can get but of course not the same as at the hospital.

Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

ACTIVITY

Yes you can add custom workouts

Customize workouts on Apple Watch - Apple Support

You would have to look yourself for new models in other stores. Try Best Buy. Used or refurbished from other stores might not be as good if not done by Apple. Avoid marketplace because you might buy a stolen one that’s Activation locked and you would not be able to use it. See: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Additionally, the watch comes with a charging cable that needs to be plugged into a USB-C adapter plug, which is not supplied, so you’d need to buy one (about $20)

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2023 1:20 PM in response to Vancouver22

DURABILITY

The coloured cases are aluminum and scratch more easily than the stainless steel. The latter also has crystal sapphire glass. It’s more durable but costs more. So midnight vs starlight are the same material (aluminum)

BATTERY

I have a series 7 and it lasts me all day and then some until morning but I turned off Mail notifications. You would need to decide what’s best for you. Yes it’s still quick, has the fast charge

EKG

Since I’ve not used other devices I could not compare accuracy. I would assume it’s as close as you can get but of course not the same as at the hospital.

ACTIVITY

You would have to look yourself for new models in other stores. Try Best Buy. Used or refurbished from other stores might not be as good if not done by Apple. Avoid marketplace because you might buy a stolen one that’s Activation locked and you would not be able to use it. See: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Additionally, the watch comes with a charging cable that needs to be plugged into a USB-C adapter plug, which is not supplied, so you’d need to buy one (about $20)

Feb 2, 2023 1:17 PM in response to Zacenator

DURABILITY

BATTERY

EKG

ACTIVITY

Apple Watch Query

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.