Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlink Health app from ‘another user’?

Trying to link my Health app to Vitality. Having no luck as the thread keeps telling me: ‘health app linked to another user’. I’ve restored 2 previous iPhones to factory settings. Please advise.

iPhone 11

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 8:27 PM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2021 2:43 PM in response to gisela181

Hello gisela181,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities and for reviewing the related article Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch. From our understanding, you've been unable to sync the Vitality app to the Health app on your iPhone. We're here to help.

Are you the only person who has access to the Apple ID that's signed into all of your devices? In other words, do you share an Apple ID with a spouse or other family member? We ask because if the Apple ID is used by someone else, that could be why you're seeing the error "Health app linked to another user."

To help keep all personal data and apps separate - if an Apple ID is currently being shared - we suggest each person creating their own Apple ID, then using Family Sharing to share info like purchases. Check out the details below:

Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID

If this concern continues after taking the steps above, our resolution is to contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: 

Get Support

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

How to unlink Health app from ‘another user’?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.