Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I import all of my photos to my MacBook

I’m trying to transfer all of my pictures and videos to my MacBook. Only 10 of my pictures show up when I plug it in.

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 1:16 PM

vinny157 Said:

"Why can’t I import all of my photos to my MacBook: I’m trying to transfer all of my pictures and videos to my MacBook. Only 10 of my pictures show up when I plug it in."

-------

Enable Photos On Both Devices:

Enable the Photos app in iCloud. Once enabled, all should be accessible in the Photos app.

A. On an iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Enable: iCloud Photos

B. On a Mac:

Access from iCloud, Manually:

1. Go To: icloud.com
  2. Select: Photos
  3. Download: the Photos

or...

Check iCloud, Directly:

Once uploaded. make it easy and see if they reside in iCloud. As long as Photos is still enabled in iCloud on the devices, then they will be recoverable. Go here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2021 1:16 PM in response to vinny157

vinny157 Said:

"Why can’t I import all of my photos to my MacBook: I’m trying to transfer all of my pictures and videos to my MacBook. Only 10 of my pictures show up when I plug it in."

-------

Enable Photos On Both Devices:

Enable the Photos app in iCloud. Once enabled, all should be accessible in the Photos app.

A. On an iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Enable: iCloud Photos

B. On a Mac:

Access from iCloud, Manually:

1. Go To: icloud.com
  2. Select: Photos
  3. Download: the Photos

or...

Check iCloud, Directly:

Once uploaded. make it easy and see if they reside in iCloud. As long as Photos is still enabled in iCloud on the devices, then they will be recoverable. Go here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

Why can’t I import all of my photos to my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.