Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15.1.1 Restore BROKEN

I'm trying to restore a iCloud backup from my iPhone 6s that has IOS 15.1.1 to my new iPhone 12. The process stops and wont go any further then the software update page. The only options I do have are to go back or the review the learn more options. Has anyone else seen this issue?

iPhone 12

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 10:10 AM

Hi benzoC137,

We see you're trying to restore the content from your iPhone 6S. Your iPhone 12 will need to at least be updated to the iOS version the backup was created on. If your iPhone 12 is running an earlier version of iOS you can learn how to update it prior to restoring from your backup here: Restore an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that needs a newer version of iOS or iPadOS

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 10:10 AM in response to benzoC137

Hi benzoC137,

We see you're trying to restore the content from your iPhone 6S. Your iPhone 12 will need to at least be updated to the iOS version the backup was created on. If your iPhone 12 is running an earlier version of iOS you can learn how to update it prior to restoring from your backup here: Restore an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that needs a newer version of iOS or iPadOS

Take care.

IOS 15.1.1 Restore BROKEN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.