Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to make an in app purchase for first time, but give me an error message that my purchase cannot be completed from the payment screen. I've even tried a different payment method. Can someone explain why?

I'm trying to make an in app purchase for first time, but give me an error message that my purchase cannot be completed from the payment screen. I've even tried a different payment method. Can someone explain why?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 9:46 AM

You may see various forms of a "Your purchase could not be completed" message. Some may show old URLs (such as the one ending in "/ww/") which will redirect to the current one which leads you to a page to select your country. Since it says to contact iTunes Support, do this:

1. Click on this link --> https://support.apple.com/choose-country-region/media-services

2. Select your country

3. Select: Billing & Subscriptions

4. Select: Subscriptions & Purchases

5. Select: Update payment method

6. Select a chat session or a phone call.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 9:46 AM in response to andrewhh9

You may see various forms of a "Your purchase could not be completed" message. Some may show old URLs (such as the one ending in "/ww/") which will redirect to the current one which leads you to a page to select your country. Since it says to contact iTunes Support, do this:

1. Click on this link --> https://support.apple.com/choose-country-region/media-services

2. Select your country

3. Select: Billing & Subscriptions

4. Select: Subscriptions & Purchases

5. Select: Update payment method

6. Select a chat session or a phone call.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.