Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch not receiving alerts for texts like vibrations

Hello, I just got my Apple Watch SE today. I thought i had everything set up but my messages aren’t coming through my watch via vibrations or alerts. It comes through when i open it but that’s usually minutes later. Any ideas on what I am missing. I have everything from haptics and sounds turned on for messages.

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 7:04 AM

Make sure the Watch is not on Silent, but you should still get vibrations. The only other thing I can think of is Theater Mode. Swipe up Control Center, find the icon that looks like 2 masks. If it is yellow, it is turned on. Tap it again to turn it off.

5 replies

Nov 26, 2021 8:01 PM in response to Ally-2015

If you turned the phone off, was the Watch still connected to the internet? Is this a GPS+Cellular, or a GPS only Watch. Was/is it connected to wi-fi when you tried this?

I would turn off both devices (iPhone Watch), turn the iPhone back on first, then the Watch. Let them connect and test. If that does not work, the next step would be to unpair the Watch from the iPhone, then power the iPhone off and back on, then re-pair the Watch and test.

Apple Watch not receiving alerts for texts like vibrations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.