Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay Connection

I recently purchased a car with Apple CarPlay. It always connects via the USB cord with any phone the first time, but if the first connection is unplugged, it won't connect again during that trip. I've tried restarting the car, restarting the phone, restarting CarPlay, connecting the same phone, connecting a different phone, using a phone with different IOS versions, using a different cord (yes, it's an Apple one), and nothing seems to work.

So if I'm out running errands, and I unplug my phone at the first stop, I can't connect again that trip. If my daughter connects her phone, and I drop her off, I can't use mine. If I go to use the car later in the day or the next day, it will work again...the first time only.

Am I missing something here? Is there a setting I need to change?

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 8:23 PM

Jetta22 Said:

"Apple CarPlay Connection: Yep, thought of that, and tried while in park, and even after turning car off. Owners manual says plug in via USB and start using it."

-------

Boot Loop: If it keeps crashing, go here: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

Some Links

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 8:23 PM in response to Jetta22

Jetta22 Said:

"Apple CarPlay Connection: Yep, thought of that, and tried while in park, and even after turning car off. Owners manual says plug in via USB and start using it."

-------

Boot Loop: If it keeps crashing, go here: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

Some Links

Nov 28, 2021 7:57 PM in response to Jetta22

Jetta22 Said

"Apple CarPlay Connection:I recently purchased a car with Apple CarPlay. It always connects via the USB cord with any phone the first time, but if the first connection is unplugged, it won't connect again during that trip. I've tried [...]Am I missing something here? Is there a setting I need to change?"

-------

What to Try:

A. Pair in Park:

Try unpairing the phone. Then, pair it back. Perform this while in while in park.

If that does not work...

B. View the Owner's Manual:

See what the Owner's Manual of your car says when you read it.

Nov 28, 2021 9:24 PM in response to Jetta22

Jetta22 Said:

"Not crashing once connected. Like I said in my original post, it just doesn’t connect a second time when unplugged. To my phone or anyone else’s."

-------

Chat with the Car Company:

Then, as a last resort, contact the manufacturer of the car. Visit their home page, and then try a chat session. Add it back may not be an option. They'll know.

Apple CarPlay Connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.