Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

International rooming and apple watch

I am on vacation for which I purchased an Apple Watch. Bad idea. First, it is not working abroad. Second, the customer service has absolutely no idea on what to do with Apple products. One spends many thousand grands on Apple products and have to talk for hours with customer service reps with the problem. Of course, the have no idea what to do. Nothing is resolved and I stay here with pending problems. Any idea ? I’ll not purchase more products from Apple until it is unable to provide assistance.

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 2:29 PM

The Apple Watch does not support Cellular Roaming.

When away from your home carrier's network, your Apple Watch will behave as if it is a GPS only Apple Watch, and depend on the iPhone for network access.

Awkward, but doable, is to find a cellular provider in Spain that supports the Apple Watch, and is willing to sell you an iPhone SIM for the duration of your vacation, and then you can activate your Apple Watch with the Spanish carrier. You will have to undo all that when you get back home. Like I said awkward.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 2:29 PM in response to UserAdam

The Apple Watch does not support Cellular Roaming.

When away from your home carrier's network, your Apple Watch will behave as if it is a GPS only Apple Watch, and depend on the iPhone for network access.

Awkward, but doable, is to find a cellular provider in Spain that supports the Apple Watch, and is willing to sell you an iPhone SIM for the duration of your vacation, and then you can activate your Apple Watch with the Spanish carrier. You will have to undo all that when you get back home. Like I said awkward.

International rooming and apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.