Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Understand icons in Music on Apple TV

I have been having trouble getting music on the Apple TV 4K TV OS 15.n to play through the songs in a play list.

I choose the playlist hit play on the Apple TV remote and the music starts but the same song plays over and over. There are three icons at the top of the screen on the upper right. 1 is for shuffle, 1 is for repeat one song or playlist and one to display lyrics.

It isn't clear to me when they are on or off or what state they are in - or even if my understanding of their purpose is correct.

I couldn't find a support article that shows what the screen looks like and explains the purpose of each button and how to understand what state it is in (on or off.)

This must be somewhere but so far I haven't sorted it out.

Thanks for any help or pointing me in the right direction.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 3:40 PM

I really wish Apple would publish a 'screen shot of the whole app when music is being started with labels for the buttons and examples of what they look like before and after they are pressed. I didn't get the repeat button for quite a while and ended up having a song repeat endlessly.

That article gives the best explanation I have seen. The repeat button - the infinity sign changes when pressed once and show a small 1 indicating that the same song will be repeated. That goes away when the button is pressed again but the background remains white meaning it is still active and will cause the playlist to be repeated. Images showing the states of the button would have been helpful. The article is certainly helpful as well but the info is a bit buried.

Thanks for the link and for your interest.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 3:40 PM in response to chuckbl

I really wish Apple would publish a 'screen shot of the whole app when music is being started with labels for the buttons and examples of what they look like before and after they are pressed. I didn't get the repeat button for quite a while and ended up having a song repeat endlessly.

That article gives the best explanation I have seen. The repeat button - the infinity sign changes when pressed once and show a small 1 indicating that the same song will be repeated. That goes away when the button is pressed again but the background remains white meaning it is still active and will cause the playlist to be repeated. Images showing the states of the button would have been helpful. The article is certainly helpful as well but the info is a bit buried.

Thanks for the link and for your interest.

Understand icons in Music on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.