Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Issues After Installing OS Monterey

I'm running a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) and I've been having odd software malfunctions that started after I installed the new OS. I am positive they are both software issues because everything begins to work normally after I reset my Macbook's SMC.

The first is when I try to use my camera, whether it is for Facetime, Photobooth, Zoom, or even Google Meets, the camera will work for the first few minutes then glitch out and not work for any app until I reset the SMC. Oddly enough my green camera light stays solid even after I close out of all applications.

The second issue is through my Finder and Desktop — despite it working after I reset my SMC (and yes my "show item preview" is checked), I am unable to view any file thumbnail previews. This is very difficult when working on assignments with multiple sources, as I am unable to quickly view anything until I reset my SMC.

Please help!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 11:11 PM

Try to safe-boot, login, wait a minute, and boot normally.

Similar questions

1 reply

Software Issues After Installing OS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.