Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps no voice commands

My iPhone is definitely connected via bluetooth to my car speakers. I can still play music etc from my iPhone but the Voice navigation commands from the Maps app have suddenly stopped coming through the speakers.

Any ideas to solve this please?

Mackirdy

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 8:33 AM

9 replies

Dec 1, 2021 8:15 AM in response to Mackirdy

Hello Mackirdy,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to get audible navigation prompts when using the Maps app in your car. To help with this, check your spoken directions settings and also that the silent switch isn't engaged and test your issue again:

Things you can do while following a route in Maps on iPhone

Cheers!

Dec 3, 2021 7:13 AM in response to Mackirdy

Thanks for replying, Mackirdy, and that additional info, it really helps! For sure test without wearing your Apple Watch, as usually Maps driving notifications can happen on your Apple Watch and here is more info:

Get directions on Apple Watch

Also, since you are using your iPhone with your car stereo, see the step in this Apple resource, including checking if there is any updates to your car stereo setup:

How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Dec 3, 2021 4:36 AM in response to jdo_apple

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I had done all of this before and it makes no difference.

The iPhone Maps voice prompts used to come through the car radio speakers with no problem but suddenly stopped. The weird thing is that I can still listen to music/ audiobooks etc via iPhone - blue tooth connection to the car radio speakers.

I am not very technical but wondered if it might be anything to do with my iwatch which delivers haptics to my wrist when I am driving and using Maps?

I rely on Maps a lot so its really frustrating to have lost this connection somehow!

Any other ideas would be very welcome.

Mackirdy

Maps no voice commands

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.