Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos syncing on Mac

Since the last update on my Mac, my photos are no longer syncing with my phone. All my icloud settings are turned on on both devices. It was suggested that I sign out, but when I tried to do that, my Mac warned me that I was going to lose photos and videos. What do I do?

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 12:18 AM

OK, then iCloud is not turned on for this library. Go into photos preferences. First check that your library is set as the system librar (circled button first screenshot should be greyed out - if not click it)

then check the icloud tab of preferences is as shown.

This should set sync going. Since it is currently not syncing, a complete new sync will start. Depending on the size of your library, this might take days, or even weeks. Leave your mac on 24/7 and connected to power. It is normal for the progress indicator to not update for long periods during the sync.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 12:18 AM in response to LadyCasaRio

OK, then iCloud is not turned on for this library. Go into photos preferences. First check that your library is set as the system librar (circled button first screenshot should be greyed out - if not click it)

then check the icloud tab of preferences is as shown.

This should set sync going. Since it is currently not syncing, a complete new sync will start. Depending on the size of your library, this might take days, or even weeks. Leave your mac on 24/7 and connected to power. It is normal for the progress indicator to not update for long periods during the sync.

Photos syncing on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.