Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add 3rd Gmail account to Mail

I use Mail as my main email client. I'm on Monterey on a new M1 Macbook Pro. I currently have one icloud account and two gmail accounts connected. This morning, I'm trying to add a third Gmail account but it's not working. I first get the usual message that says "Google requires completing authentication in your web browser" - I click on Open Browser, but then I just get a spinning screen (see attached image) that just spins forever. I've tried adding the account several different ways including through Mail->Accounts, Mail->Preferences-> Accounts, and System Preferences -> Internet Accounts, and none of them work.

Any thoughts on this?

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 6:24 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode and try adding the account. The booting takes minutes

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 9, 2021 2:44 AM in response to stpete111

This error is definitely a bug but I found a workaround. I presume you have Chrome browser installed... If so, then:

1) open Chrome browser BEFORE trying to add gmail account and just leave it running

2) switch to apple mail

3) try to add new account

4 )new Chrome window will open (even if your default browser is Safari) and you should be able to enter your login/pass

I hope It will solve your issue. At least it works for me every time (Monterey).

Can't add 3rd Gmail account to Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.