Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tryng to open files for CT Scan

I just a couple CT Scans done and the results were burned to a CD and I am suppose to give the disk to my neurosurgeon to read. This is an ongoing 17 year issue and I always try to make copies of all my medical records. This is what's on the disk. It seems to have its own Viewer built-in to read the files in the "0001" folder.

Here is what's in the "0001" folder.

There are two data folders, "01" and "02".

There are 533 data files in the "02" folder.

I tried to do a Copy Paste of the CD contents and got the following message.

Questions:

Is there a way to run this Program so as to view the images?

How can I copy the disk contents for my records?

I don't have a lot of time before I go to my neuro surgeon for pre-op.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 5:05 PM

The CD that you got from your CT provider requires specialized software to properly read.

I discovered and had success using HOROS Viewer when I needed to visualize my own images from my provider.

This is a link directly to their download page: https://horosproject.org/download-horos/

There is no required spend, though the project is supported by donations. So aside from name and email address they really don't require much prior to download.

EDIT - btw, that OpalViewerLite.exe appears to be a PC application. It cannot be run natively on macOS.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 5:05 PM in response to andyhutch1947

The CD that you got from your CT provider requires specialized software to properly read.

I discovered and had success using HOROS Viewer when I needed to visualize my own images from my provider.

This is a link directly to their download page: https://horosproject.org/download-horos/

There is no required spend, though the project is supported by donations. So aside from name and email address they really don't require much prior to download.

EDIT - btw, that OpalViewerLite.exe appears to be a PC application. It cannot be run natively on macOS.

Tryng to open files for CT Scan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.