Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hook up Apple TV to my receiver using HDMI

If I hook up Apple TV to my receiver using HDMI, how do I get the video and Audio when NOT using the receiver?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 1:09 AM

As someone who uses both always (automatically through CEC): Why wouldn’t you want to use the receiver?

- If your receiver sits as a hub between the Apple TV box and the TV, then it has to be turned on to pass though video.

- If your TV sits as a hub between the Apple TV box and the receiver, then the CEC may need to be turned off, and you may need to turn off/on audio passthrough on your TV, each time you switch.

Set up your Apple TV - Apple Support

Control your TV or receiver with your Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 1:09 AM in response to Getar831

As someone who uses both always (automatically through CEC): Why wouldn’t you want to use the receiver?

- If your receiver sits as a hub between the Apple TV box and the TV, then it has to be turned on to pass though video.

- If your TV sits as a hub between the Apple TV box and the receiver, then the CEC may need to be turned off, and you may need to turn off/on audio passthrough on your TV, each time you switch.

Set up your Apple TV - Apple Support

Control your TV or receiver with your Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

Hook up Apple TV to my receiver using HDMI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.