You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini network

My HomePod mini is connected to my phone’s 5ghz network. Can I connect my HomePod mini to my separate 2ghz network? If so how? I’m running 15.1.1 on both devices. Thx

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 12:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 11:46 AM

Hello hpr3.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. When setting up your HomePod mini, it automatically connects to the same network your iPhone is connected to. This is explained in the following resource below:

Change HomePod settings - Apple Support

Next to "View network information", it states the following: "Tap Wi-Fi Address to switch between viewing the HomePod network identifier and the name of the Wi-Fi network it’s connected to. HomePod automatically connects to the same Wi-Fi network as your iOS or iPadOS device."

In the following resource, it share a little more details:

If HomePod isn't responding - Apple Support

Under "Check your Wi-Fi connection", it states: "In iOS 12 and later, HomePod will automatically connect to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you recently changed your Wi-Fi password or moved HomePod to a new location, wait a few seconds, then ask Siri a question to see if HomePod is connected to Wi-Fi. HomePod doesn’t support captive or subscription networks. If you set up HomePod to use one of these networks, you’ll need to reset HomePod and set it up again on a different Wi-Fi network."

You can view network details for the HomePod mini using the Home app. However, if you wish to use a different network, you might have to set up your HomePod mini again while your iPhone is connected to the specific network you wish to be connected to:

Reset HomePod - Apple Support

Set up and use HomePod mini and HomePod - Apple Support

We hope this information is helpful. Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2021 11:46 AM in response to hpr3

Hello hpr3.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. When setting up your HomePod mini, it automatically connects to the same network your iPhone is connected to. This is explained in the following resource below:

Change HomePod settings - Apple Support

Next to "View network information", it states the following: "Tap Wi-Fi Address to switch between viewing the HomePod network identifier and the name of the Wi-Fi network it’s connected to. HomePod automatically connects to the same Wi-Fi network as your iOS or iPadOS device."

In the following resource, it share a little more details:

If HomePod isn't responding - Apple Support

Under "Check your Wi-Fi connection", it states: "In iOS 12 and later, HomePod will automatically connect to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you recently changed your Wi-Fi password or moved HomePod to a new location, wait a few seconds, then ask Siri a question to see if HomePod is connected to Wi-Fi. HomePod doesn’t support captive or subscription networks. If you set up HomePod to use one of these networks, you’ll need to reset HomePod and set it up again on a different Wi-Fi network."

You can view network details for the HomePod mini using the Home app. However, if you wish to use a different network, you might have to set up your HomePod mini again while your iPhone is connected to the specific network you wish to be connected to:

Reset HomePod - Apple Support

Set up and use HomePod mini and HomePod - Apple Support

We hope this information is helpful. Cheers.

HomePod mini network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.