Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15.1.1 update for iPhone 12 issues with car's bluetooth

I recently updated my iPhone to IOS 15.1.1 and now all of a sudden, my phone no longer connects to my Toyota Prius's bluetooth, "Handsfree." I try over and over, and when and IF I can get them to pair, I can't get my maps app to verbally announce turn by turn directions thru the radio. I rely on this feature GREATLY! I have heard there have been similar complaints. I called Apple Support who said one fix is to remove the Map apps and reinstall it. Yeah, doesn't work. I've tried forgetting the bluetooth and pairing again, doesn't work. Switching the bluetooth from on to off to on again. Also doesn't work. I am NEVER allowing my iPhone to update again! This is completely unacceptable. Has anyone had the same issues? Any ideas what else might work? Or when Apple might fix the issue?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 6:47 PM

Have you checked Settings>Maps>Spoken Directions? There is a switch now to turn on/off Directions on Radio. If you are hearing the directions on the iPhone, then the volume is turned on and up, just check that switch before you start another route.

As far as connecting to your Prius, if you are experiencing a problem, you can take a look at this. How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support If that does not help, check with Toyota to see if there is an update to their system in your Prius. I have an iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.1.1, and it connects fine to our two cars at home, although not a Prius.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 6:47 PM in response to Capricorn100

Have you checked Settings>Maps>Spoken Directions? There is a switch now to turn on/off Directions on Radio. If you are hearing the directions on the iPhone, then the volume is turned on and up, just check that switch before you start another route.

As far as connecting to your Prius, if you are experiencing a problem, you can take a look at this. How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support If that does not help, check with Toyota to see if there is an update to their system in your Prius. I have an iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.1.1, and it connects fine to our two cars at home, although not a Prius.

IOS 15.1.1 update for iPhone 12 issues with car's bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.