Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music; Songs Missing From Playlists

All of the playlists in my Apple Music are missing most or all of the songs that are in them, both apple or privately curated ones and the playlists I made myself. I have the same playlist and Apple Music account associated with my iPhone XS and everything is fully there and used to since between each other simultaneously, although I've had issues with some songs showing up as "not available in this country or region" so I had to delete (first) and re-download (second) the same songs or albums. But otherwise everything is at least showing up in the library on my iPhone. I have both devices fully updated and I believe the issues started happening after I recently updated my MacBook Pro to the "Big Sur" a few weeks ago, and yesterday I updated it to the latest "Monterey" hoping the issue would resolve but still it hasn't. Before updating to "Big Sur" I needed to free up some storage so I un-downloaded most of my library but even after that my playlists were still full and would play everything as long as I had internet, so I am really confused as to why or what the issue is. Is there a way to possibly un-sync my library from the MacBook Pro and then re-sync it? Any ideas or support with this matter would be greatly appreciated! Side Note; the playlists are intact and syncing correctly on my iPad and even my Apple Watch, which is why I think its mainly an issue specifically with the Mac, and my Mac is a; 2017 13-inch MacBook Pro (for reference).

***The image/screenshot below is of one of the only playlists that is semi intact, the rest of my playlists are showing up with either zero songs or just one or two, even though the playlist faces/covers show songs or album covers from songs that should be in the playlist. For reference, on my other devices this playlist contains 96 songs not just the 14 that it is showing on my MacBook Pro. I also made this playlist myself and had an issue a few weeks ago when I found that it was entirely missing from my library, luckily I had just listened/fell asleep to the playlist the night before so I went through my listening history and remade the playlist identical to the one before, this issue only happened the one time, only that original playlist was deleted, maybe I deleted it while half asleep trying to snooze or mess with my alarm going off in the morning, and for those reasons I don't think that issue is related to the one I am having with the songs missing from the playlists on my MacBook Pro.

LAST THING; Sorry for rambling on, I just wanted to be thorough to whoever tries to help resolve my issue, them/you having all the details/information that I have so that I can more easily and specifically be helped! Thanks for reading and I greatly appreciate anyone's help/advice in fixing/resolving my issue of; "My Apple Music Playlists Are Showing Up Empty Or Incomplete On My MacBook Pro, But Fully Intact/Synced On My Other Apple Devices" (extended subject line for my issue in question).

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 12:26 PM

Hi Cope_WithIt, thank you for posting this in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're missing music within the playlists on your Mac computer, which the community would be happy to help you with. To get us started, we'd just like to gather some additional information from you.

Aside from the music that's missing within your playlists, are they also missing from your Apple Music library as well?

Have you checked to see if "Sync Library" is enabled on your Mac computer? Here's how: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Would you be okay with creating a "test" playlist with at least 10 songs? Once done, close the Music app and then restart your Mac. Let us know if there's any changes to that playlist: Create, edit, and delete playlists in Music on Mac - Apple Support

In addition to those questions, we recommend that you also check out the following resource: If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 12:26 PM in response to Cope_WithIt

Hi Cope_WithIt, thank you for posting this in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're missing music within the playlists on your Mac computer, which the community would be happy to help you with. To get us started, we'd just like to gather some additional information from you.

Aside from the music that's missing within your playlists, are they also missing from your Apple Music library as well?

Have you checked to see if "Sync Library" is enabled on your Mac computer? Here's how: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Would you be okay with creating a "test" playlist with at least 10 songs? Once done, close the Music app and then restart your Mac. Let us know if there's any changes to that playlist: Create, edit, and delete playlists in Music on Mac - Apple Support

In addition to those questions, we recommend that you also check out the following resource: If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

Dec 7, 2021 1:46 PM in response to James_M50

Hello, thank you for the reply but I think I solved the issue for now! After writing my question I decided to lookup how to un-sync my library from my Mac, I went ahead and did so, and then everything was gone. So then I clicked the Sync my library in finder settings for my associated Apple Music account, took some time but then everything finally showed up! I still don't know why everything was missing from the playlists even though the songs were still in my library, and because everything was automatically syncing fine until the day I noticed everything missing. Anyways it is all okay now, but if it happens in the future I will try out the "test" playlist of 10 songs like you mentioned and if that yields weird results then I'll definitely contact apple support to let them know to see if it's a greater issue!

Again, Thank you for taking the time to reply with possible solutions, and for replying so quickly!

:)

Apple Music; Songs Missing From Playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.