You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text to Email No Longer Working

I frequently send texts from my phone to my email address. This email address is NOT my Apple ID. This functionality was working fine on 11/28/21. I have apparently messed something up in my settings since then because it does not work now. I can still share a photo to my email address via a text message and it sends fine, but when I send a plain text message it is never received by my email. Any suggestions on what I could check would be very appreciated.

Again, I am using Messages to send a text to my email address rather than a phone number. I can send a picture to my email address and it shows in my message conversation and is received by my email. If I type a message using the app or try to send a text using Notes it shows in my message conversation but is not received by my email.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 10:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 1:32 AM

As far as my understanding goes this feature to convert SMS to an email is a feature that is provided by a Carrier Service Provider (The agency that issued the SIM/eSIM to you).

For example, Google Fi has this feature --> Send and receive emails over text message - Google Fi Help

Similar questions

2 replies

Text to Email No Longer Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.