Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem uploading Numbers file to Discogs.com

I wanted to upload my inventory, saved in csv format, to Discogs.com after I’ve made some changes to it.

It didn’t work and I got these error messages:

“Skipped row 2 because ERROR: listing_id is a required field and not in this row.”

“ Skipped row 14 because ERROR: header has 1 fields and this row has 2 fields”

I communicated with the Help at Discogs, they checked out the file and couldn’t find anything wrong with columns/rows arrangements, and confirmed it was saved as .csv file, as stipulated.

However, they suggested I made sure it was exported with ‘UTF-8 encoding’’, in order to help ‘properly store characters’. At the same time, the guy is telling me this should be the default encoding in a .csv file. So I don’t know if I can manipulate anything my end with regards to this, and further I don’t see any ‘save as…’ window or drop-down on Numbers for iPad, all saving seems to be automatic with basic ‘export’ options separately, where I already picked .csv from the drop down list.

I’m stuck. Any Ideas?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 5:46 AM

1 reply

Dec 10, 2021 6:47 AM in response to captain1974

You can make sure it is saved with UTF-8 encoding by launching TextEdit, going to TextEdit > Preferences in the menu and checking Plain text, then command-n to start a new document. Open the csv file in TextEdit then option File > Save As. Make sure Plain Text Encoding: is set to Unicode (UTF-8) and click save.

SG

problem uploading Numbers file to Discogs.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.