Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Photos curation and face-detection stuck forever. How to fix?

Multiple people on the Apple Community Discussions experienced this issue:

I also asked on StackExchange and curated all fix approaches I found online. No success over months.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 11:12 AM

After many months I now found a solution. Posted on StackExchange and also shared here with you guys:

Re-enable System Integrity Protection (SIP) and/or uninstall 3rd party Kernel extension(s)

After that Apple Photos' curation and face detection started to work normally again. All the photos imported since photoanalysisd was "dormant" meanwhile properly got curation, face-detection and scene/object-detection added.

Hope it helps some!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 11:12 AM in response to putzfetzenORG

After many months I now found a solution. Posted on StackExchange and also shared here with you guys:

Re-enable System Integrity Protection (SIP) and/or uninstall 3rd party Kernel extension(s)

After that Apple Photos' curation and face detection started to work normally again. All the photos imported since photoanalysisd was "dormant" meanwhile properly got curation, face-detection and scene/object-detection added.

Hope it helps some!

Apple Photos curation and face-detection stuck forever. How to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.