Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home SunRise and SunSet Automation

Hello everyone,

I am having difficulty with Home automations that trigger using sunrise and sunset. They are not working.

I saw a previous thread on this which was closed, however am unsure which setting on iOS/iPadOS can make this work.

I went into Settings, Privacy, System Services, and Location Services and turned on “HomeKit” there. Hoping that this resolves sunrise/sunset not working.

Best regards,

Mark

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 5:56 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 13, 2021 7:08 AM in response to gooober

Hi there gooober,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand sunrise and sunset times for shortcuts are not working as expected. We're glad you're here, and we'd be happy to provide some guidance.

"Show Alert is especially useful for displaying information in the Shortcuts widget or on Apple Watch. For example, you can create a shortcut that determines sunrise and sunset times and displays an alert that includes a summary." Have a look at this link to learn more:

Use the Show Alert action in a shortcut

We hope this information is helpful. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

Home SunRise and SunSet Automation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.