Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A Black Line on My New 14-inch MacBook Pro's Display + Unable to Reset PRAM

So a week ago, I was watching Netflix, and when I finished, I just closed the lid.

When I got back to my new MacBook Pro 14" with M1 Pro chip, I noticed a black line appeared on the screen. It still didn't disappear a week later.

Here's a video and a photo of the problem: https://imgur.com/a/N4ATcTC

Of course, I googled for some solutions, but strangely, I cannot reset the PRAM on this new MacBook. I still have my old MacBook, and it resets like a charm: Option + Command + P + R, right? I've tried this key combination so many times — nothing!

Does anyone have a problem with this black line on the display? Or is anyone else unable to reset PRAM?

About this line — it's more visible on the left side of the screen and less visible on the right one. Whenever I cross the mouse cursor around the right side of the screen, the thinner line starts flickering?!

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 11:13 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 14, 2021 10:21 AM in response to The George

Hello The George.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities and for sharing these details with us. If you're experiencing display issues with your MacBook Pro, we'd like to help out. You mentioned that you tried to rest your PRAM but it didn't work. This reset only works on Mac computers with an Intel processor: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

You might want to review this resource here:

If your Mac display doesn’t look right - Apple Support

It mentions the following: "If you see bright or dark spots on a flat-panel or Mac notebook computer screen: Your display may have pixel anomalies. If you suspect your Apple display contains a high number of anomalies, take it to an Apple Authorized Service Provider."

You might want to consider reaching out to Apple Support for help. They might have to get your MacBook Pro physically evaluated to make sure everything is working properly. Just in case, you can use the link below to reach them:

Get Support - Apple

Cheers.

A Black Line on My New 14-inch MacBook Pro's Display + Unable to Reset PRAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.