Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Post-Date Apple Subscription Purchase

I currently have subscriptions to:

• Apple TV+ (Individual)
  • iCloud+ (2TB) (Family)

As a Christmas present to my family, I want to add a Family subscription to Apple Music so I was thinking of subscribing to Apple One Family, which is described here and includes:

• Apple Music
  • Apple TV+
  • Apple Arcade
  • iCloud+ with 200GB of storage

I have a few questions:

• Will I be able to keep my 2TB iCloud+, or will I be downgraded to only 200GB?
  • If I get to keep the 2TB, what's the price? (Since 200GB is already included in Apple One Family, I should get a discount on my 2TB subscription.)
  • Is there any way to post-date a subscription start date? In other words, can I buy a subscription now but not have it take effect until future date, e.g., Christmas Day?

Thank you for reading this.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 4:08 PM

If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is less than your current plan (you have 2TB and the Apple One plan you're looking at has 200GB). The family shares the 200 GB and you have 2TB.

You keep both your current iCloud+ plan and the iCloud storage in Apple One.

If you prefer to keep only the storage included in your Apple One subscription, you can downgrade or cancel your current iCloud+ plan.

Price

If you subscribe to the Apple One plan for 19.95 and keep your 2TB for 9.99, it will be 29.94. If you subscribe to Apple One premier, it costs 29.95 and would net you 2TB total storage shared amongst the family.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 4:08 PM in response to Nello Lucchesi

If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is less than your current plan (you have 2TB and the Apple One plan you're looking at has 200GB). The family shares the 200 GB and you have 2TB.

You keep both your current iCloud+ plan and the iCloud storage in Apple One.

If you prefer to keep only the storage included in your Apple One subscription, you can downgrade or cancel your current iCloud+ plan.

Price

If you subscribe to the Apple One plan for 19.95 and keep your 2TB for 9.99, it will be 29.94. If you subscribe to Apple One premier, it costs 29.95 and would net you 2TB total storage shared amongst the family.

Dec 14, 2021 3:56 PM in response to muguy

Thank you for the link.

I looked at that support site, and it seems to say that you have to choose between my current iCloud+ of 2,000GB and the Apple Family One of 200GB; it doesn't sound like you get them both for a total of 2,200GB:

If a family member subscribes to Apple One

If you belong to a Family Sharing group and a family member subscribes to an Apple One Family or Premier plan, you can choose to keep your current iCloud plan or use the shared iCloud storage in Apple One.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "Same price for your account"; same as what?

I'm currently paying (monthly) for:

• Apple TV+: $4.99
  • iCloud 2TB: $9.99
  • Total: $14.98

Apple One Family is priced at $19.95

So, what is the price for Apple One Family upgraded to iCloud+ with 2TB of storage?

Sorry to be so dense. ☹️

Thank you.

Post-Date Apple Subscription Purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.