Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Antivirus/Malware Application?

What app do you recommend I run on my computer after I fell for a phishing scam posing as Apple? I would also like some diagnostics ab out my the general location of the perps, especially if they were on a local network.

Thank you so much.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 1:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 4:28 AM

Checklist: If you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Un-installers, etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2021 4:28 AM in response to Slow-Lee-Quick-Tree

Checklist: If you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Un-installers, etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation

Dec 17, 2021 3:17 AM in response to Slow-Lee-Quick-Tree

What app do you recommend I run on my computer after I fell for a phishing scam posing as Apple?

There is nothing you can put on your computer to prevent you from being scammed. You have to learn how to not be scammed.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250001781

I would also like some diagnostics ab out my the general location of the perps, especially if they were on a local network.

You will have to provide more details of what particular scam you fell for.

Antivirus/Malware Application?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.