Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail app frozen

Hello. For some reason my gmail app stopped working. I had to change my Google account password, not gmail. But when I went to check gmail a screen with a sign in link at the bottom is there. When I click sign in, nothing happens. I’ve been trying to figure this out for hours. On occasion it goes to another screen, to add account. But when I click on Google or other (IMAP) nothing happens. This is my business email! It’s extremely important to me. How can I fix this?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 4:19 AM

4 replies

Dec 19, 2021 7:43 AM in response to HDRockerCgirl

Hey there HDRockerCgirl,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities with this question about the issue with Gmail app not working. Have you tried the new password you made? Your Gmail may use the same password as your Google account so it may be a good idea to check. If not, the steps in this article can guide you on what to do:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Take care.

Dec 19, 2021 9:12 AM in response to barberlives123

No, I can’t even get to that point. I think it’s a Google problem. Across Google. Bc I wasn’t able to connect with my son on Google duo either. But the gmail app looks like this…

then when I click on sign in, when it works, the next screen looks like this….

and nothing happens when I click on Google. If I click on other, sometimes it works, but the keyboard does not come up to enter credentials. However, I can log in online, just not on the app.

Gmail app frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.