Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I didn't realize there were 2 parts to the HomeKit. My Home and Home Hub.

I didn't realize there were 2 parts to the HomeKit. My Home and Home Hub. I added all my lights to My Home instead of the Hub. Is that a fair assumption? And I tried to add my light to the Hub but because it's over on My Home, it won't add until the device is reset. Is that true?

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 6:02 AM

Your Apple home will have one or more available home hubs. See Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support for more. You should only need to set up each device once in your home, then each hub should be able to route commands to them if and when they become the active hub.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2021 6:02 AM in response to mratzel

Your Apple home will have one or more available home hubs. See Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support for more. You should only need to set up each device once in your home, then each hub should be able to route commands to them if and when they become the active hub.

tt2

I didn't realize there were 2 parts to the HomeKit. My Home and Home Hub.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.