Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Photo Album

Hello, I have a few questions regarding shared photo albums I made years ago (2013/2014), first is are these items backed up ? All of my iCloud features for photos are turned on and I have the largest plan. Only reason why I ask that is because a lot of the videos aren’t on my iPhone or MacBook so I’m wondering why? I want to download everything that isn’t on my iPhone to ensure they are backed up but I can’t tell because when I scroll up to look at the data it just says “Posted by Me” with the date. Lastly is after I download them to my iPhone and iCloud can I delete these items individually or all of my shared albums if I choose? Any further suggestions like sending a copy to the Files app or even Google Drive? Any advice on this would be awesome as I want to delete these shared albums and basically start fresh with more items I’ve compiled as the years have gone by.

Thank y’all for any help & for the time.

Take care.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 5:31 PM

Are you using iCloud Photos? If so, see the 'How iCloud Photos works' and 'Download copies of your photos and videos' sections in:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Otherwise, on your iPhone, tap on:

Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups > [Your iPhone]

Is Photo Library selected under CHOOSE DATA TO BACKUP? If so, then everything in your iPHone's Photo Library should be in your iCloud backup.

You can import those photos & videos to your computer using:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

For safekeeping, you can additionally copy those photos & videos to a thumb drive. Then you can delete the photos & videos everywhere else and start anew.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 5:31 PM in response to Cvitonavich93

Are you using iCloud Photos? If so, see the 'How iCloud Photos works' and 'Download copies of your photos and videos' sections in:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Otherwise, on your iPhone, tap on:

Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups > [Your iPhone]

Is Photo Library selected under CHOOSE DATA TO BACKUP? If so, then everything in your iPHone's Photo Library should be in your iCloud backup.

You can import those photos & videos to your computer using:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

For safekeeping, you can additionally copy those photos & videos to a thumb drive. Then you can delete the photos & videos everywhere else and start anew.

Shared Photo Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.