Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text notification 12Pro

I get all of my notifications on texts except for one person; my wife. Very bad. I’ve checked and changed the sound to her texts. I’ve checked “focus”. I’ve does all I can think of, but not only does it not make a sound, it doesn’t come up on screen. I could be holding the phone and not be aware that a text from her came in. Ideas? Was the latest update a bad one?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 9:09 AM

Hello iambosss,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue receiving notifications, and we'd like to help.

To help us get a better understanding of the issue, we’d like to ask a few questions.

1. Just to confirm, does this only happen with Messages notifications, or do you experience issues receiving notifications for other apps as well? More about managing notifications here: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  2. You mentioned checking Focus; just to confirm, does the issue continue to happen when the Focus options are turned off? Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  3. What is the exact iOS version your device is running at this time? Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Thanks!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 9:09 AM in response to iambosss

Hello iambosss,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue receiving notifications, and we'd like to help.

To help us get a better understanding of the issue, we’d like to ask a few questions.

1. Just to confirm, does this only happen with Messages notifications, or do you experience issues receiving notifications for other apps as well? More about managing notifications here: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  2. You mentioned checking Focus; just to confirm, does the issue continue to happen when the Focus options are turned off? Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  3. What is the exact iOS version your device is running at this time? Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Thanks!

Text notification 12Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.