Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

health app not asking to put vaccines status on wallet

I have os 15 on my phone. They are claiming that you can put vaccine status on your apple wallet. I follow all the steps and it never asks if I want to add to wallet. I have QR codes on my MyChart for vaccines and when I try to use it, it just takes me to apple.com with an explanation of the health app. Super frustrated. Nothing is working the way the instructions say it will. None of the info they say will be in the menus is there. Help!

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 9:10 AM

You need to have at least iOS 15.1 to add the pass to Wallet. Once the information has been added to your Health app, you should be able to add it to Wallet. The QR code has to be scanned by your iPhone to add the information to the Health app, and then from there, it should give you a button to add to Wallet. I know it works for my state (Illinois) as I just added my wife's to her phone.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 9:10 AM in response to Kierap123

You need to have at least iOS 15.1 to add the pass to Wallet. Once the information has been added to your Health app, you should be able to add it to Wallet. The QR code has to be scanned by your iPhone to add the information to the Health app, and then from there, it should give you a button to add to Wallet. I know it works for my state (Illinois) as I just added my wife's to her phone.

Jan 6, 2022 8:33 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I have OS 15.2 on my phone. I also live in Illinois. A neighbor had it work for her and she tried to help me and she couldn't get it to work on my phone either. Every time I try to add it from the Illinois Department of Health site (the smart card), it takes me to the health app, but that's all. I scan the QR code, it takes me to an Apple.com explanation of the health app, but does nothing else. No buttons given to add to the wallet.

Jan 10, 2022 3:48 PM in response to Kierap123

When you scan the QR code from the IDPH Smart Card site, it should change to display a yellow rectangle just below it for you to tap and it should take you to the Health app. Make sure that you have completed all of the information on the IDPH site and that you are logged into the IDPH site and it is showing your COVID vaccination dates before going to the Smart Card.

Jan 15, 2022 10:17 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

And what I'm saying is it doesn't do that. I have OS 15.2 on my phone. I have completed all of the information on the IDPH site and am logged in to the site showing my vaccine dates. I go to the smart card with the QR code, scan it, and my phone says "website QR Code: open "apple.com" in safari". When I do that, it is just takes me to apple .com and an explanation of the apple health app. Not any yellow rectangle taking me to my health app. When I do it on my phone, from the IDPH app, I click on the button that says it will download smart card info to my phone, it takes me to my health app, but nothing else. No buttons come up asking if I want to add this info to my apple wallet. Nothing. Just takes me to my health app. So I'm really looking for info from someone who has had this problem and solved it. Not someone who's had it work perfectly the first time and thinks I'm doing it wrong. Because I'm doing everything I should be doing, and it's still not working.

Jan 16, 2022 9:53 AM in response to Kierap123

Have you tried contacting the IDPH? Are you going to the IDPH site on your computer? I did that on the computer and then went to the Smart card on the computer. Then scanned the QR code with my iPhone, then saw the small yellow rectangle when you scan the QR code with the phone and tap on it there. If that is not working, then I suggest you contact IDPH.

health app not asking to put vaccines status on wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.