Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Messages/iMessages Content not being Backed up at all

When I go to Settings>General>iPhone Storage>Messages>3GB of “Top Conversations” and about 1.4GB of photo and video attachments combined. When I check Settings>Apple ID>iCloud>Manage Storage>Messages, it says 1.3GB stored. when I click to review the conversations/content, there’s literally zero conversations or content displayed despite the Messages switch being turned on/green. How does this make any sense? Trying to view these conversations on a new phone(8+) and as expected, zero pictures/videos and majority of conversations missing. How to fix?? 

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 2:31 PM

Checked and tried all three suggestions but my texts and attachments still aren’t backed up or appearing on my new phone :/ not sure why it’s only backing up and showing texts(no media at all) from 2020/early 2021.

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 24, 2021 9:45 PM in response to jmarcell1k

If you use messages in iCloud, ensure that you have it turned on on your new device (Settings > Apple ID > iCloud | Toggle messages on).

If messages are not syncing, ensure that the device is plugged in and locked overnight. Depending on the total quantity of items being synced (not just in messages), it can take some time for the initial sync with iCloud to download all data across all apps.

If messages still do not sync, toggle off messages in iCloud on your new device. Restart the phone. And then, toggle it back on.

Text Messages/iMessages Content not being Backed up at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.