Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Centre stage and Portrait modes. (iPad)

I recently got a new iPad (9th gen) and I would like to know if Portrait Mode and Centre Stage is available in the Camera app’s video mode?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 5:58 PM

Yeah, I understand and know that the 9th gen iPad has those features on the front facing camera ONLY.

I was trying to state, rather badly, that these features are NOT available on any of the rear cameras of ANY of the newest iPad models.

15 replies

Dec 26, 2021 6:44 PM in response to No9900

ONLY the Centerstage feature is available to your base model, 9th gen iPad and NOT the Portarit ( blurred image background ) mode.

There is NO Portrait image mode for the base model 9th gen iPad. NOT available.

You activate the Centerstage feature in the iPadOS Control Centre drop down panel AFTER you initiate a FaceTime call

Tap the link below.

Use Center Stage on your iPad - Apple Support

Your base model, 9th gen iPad has NO Portrait image mode, at all.

Dec 26, 2021 11:01 PM in response to No9900

Maybe this feature was updated for other newer iPads in a later iPadOS 15 update for which I am not aware.

If the Portrait mode seems to be working, in the latest, iPadOS 15 update, then great!

Initially, when iPadOS 15 and the 9th gen iPad were first introduced, the Portrait image mode feature was NOT available to this base iPad model.

Try taking a selfie with the front facing camera with camera app, with Portrait OFF, then ON, and let me know if this is working.

Cemterstage feature is STILL ONLY for FaceTime video calls.

Also, NO current iPad models have the Portrait image mode available for use with the rear, back camera.

Centre stage and Portrait modes. (iPad)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.