Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting error message about needing WiFi to install Monterey.

Having trouble updating OS to Monterey. Keep getting error message, "you need to be connected to the internet" or something to that effect. My WiFi is fine and I can see a strong signal connected to my MacBook Pro. What can I do to troubleshoot?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 8:11 AM

Next time you get that, click your network icon and turn WiFi off for maybe 5 seconds. Turn it back on and continue.

I've had that very problem and for some reason cycling Wifi off then back on fixes it. Of course it may not work for you, but it's worth a try. My signal was strong too.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 8:11 AM in response to illinijen

Next time you get that, click your network icon and turn WiFi off for maybe 5 seconds. Turn it back on and continue.

I've had that very problem and for some reason cycling Wifi off then back on fixes it. Of course it may not work for you, but it's worth a try. My signal was strong too.

Getting error message about needing WiFi to install Monterey.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.