Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CD's uploaded in iTunes don't show up in Music

I had an extensive CD library, which I decided was taking up too much room, so I uploaded ALL of them into iTunes (after YEARS of iTunes being the go-to app on Apple and other devices). Shortly after, Apple got rid of iTunes and started using "Music" instead.

While all of the songs show up on my old iMac (2015 version), none of them are available on my MacBookAir (2019 version).

When I plugged in the external HD from the iMac (which has the songs) into my MacBook, Music still won't let me import the songs.

Even when I log in with the exact same Apple ID.

(disclaimer: I don't have extra Apple Cloud storage, as I never needed it before)

Help! I donated all my CD's, but I haven't had music on my laptop or phone in forever (I sync my phone with my laptop - which has no songs currently)

How can I get all of the music I PURCHASED ON CDs (NOT in iTunes) into my Music account?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 2:32 PM

See the last paragraph in the 'macOS 10.15 Catalina and later' section in:

Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community

See also How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support for Apple's approach to this topic.

Similar questions

1 reply

CD's uploaded in iTunes don't show up in Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.